Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Maja Blanca/Coconut Pudding
I got this from panlasangpinoy. Maja Blanca is one of my favorite Filipino dessert. Corn and coconut are abundant, so we usually have the fresh version of this. So far, this is very close to what I imagined the real stuff to be. If you are craving for sweets and you have a very sweet tooth. This will surely satisfy you for a while.
4 cups coconut milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
14 ounces condensed milk
3/4 cup fresh milk (I used evaporated milk)
3/4 cup granulated sugar ( I did not add this )
15 ounces whole sweet kernel corn
5 tbsp toasted grated coconut/raisins/ ground nuts
1. Pour the coconut milk in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add the sugar, condensed milk, and whole sweet kernel corn then stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Simmer for 8 minutes
4. Combine the fresh milk and cornstarch then whisk until the cornstarch is diluted
5. Pour the fresh milk and cornstarch mixture in the cooking pot and stir thoroughly.
6. Allow to cook while stirring until the mixture reaches your desired thickness (can draw a line between the mixture)
7. Pour the mixture in a serving tray then arrange and flatten the top using a flat tool such as a wooden spatula
8. Allow to cool down then refrigerate for at least 1 hour
9. Garnish with toasted grated coconut, (or latik if available), raisins or ground nuts.
Posted by KCK Soaps at 3:13 PM