Friday, April 19, 2013

My First Messenger Bag

My 9 year old has been asking for me to make him a bag .  I can't find any tutorials/patterns for boy bags.  Luckily a facebook friend shared a link for a kid-sized messenger bag.  Thank you "J" for the link.  It gave me the idea to look for more youtube tutorials for a messenger bag.  Although I can follow directions,  I think I have ADD when it comes to sewing/quilting and just have to  add my own twist to the projects. 

The fabrics were  bought a few weeks ago at our Meijer store and they were chosen by Vyn.   We got 3 fat quarters, 2 with puppies and 1 with dog bones print.

 
The whole bag measure approximately 10X13 inches.  I used all three fabrics for the lining and the strap.
 
 
 

For my first messenger bag, I am quiet satisfied that it turned out.  The interfacing would surely have helped with the form and make it more rigid.  There are a lot to choose from and I still need to learn which to use for bags or clothing and others.  Maybe I could try the use of interfacings for my next bag, if I get inspired to make more bags and to learn about them.
 
Thank you for dropping by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment