Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jelly Roll Quilt

Jelly roll fabrics are always available at fabric/quilting stores.  So for this week's project, I decided to use jelly rolls and bought 2 packs from our local JoAnn's.  Then of course, it is youtube tutorials again.  I found three I would like to try.  Most started out sewing 2, 3 or 4 strips of fabric together and so I did 3 strips on most of the fabrics and made 2 with 4 strips of fabrics together.



 These two pictures below shows how my fabrics looked like after sewing the jelly roll quilt pattern by 3 dudes using the 4 strips of fabrics.


Below is another picture showing the same pattern but with only 3 layers of fabric.   They obviously are smaller.  I also happened to have red, white and blue fabrics.  Those will definitely be put together for a Memorial Day/ 4th of July quilt.
 












The picture below is the result for both summer in the park and tube quilting tutorials.

 
I still don't know how I am going to put all these together.   But as a friend mentioned, I am officially addicted to my sewing machine.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment