Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day Quilt Wall Hanging

 
So I decided to make another Valentine's Day quilt.  This time it is 8.5 X 9 inches in size and I attached two little hoops on the top for hanging.  I used the leftover fabric from my previous heart quilt/applique, added a white muslin fabric and a red fabric I got from JoAnn's.
 
The source for my heart piecing for the top is one of my favorite youtube tutorial.  She makes things look like they are a breeze to make.  She is Jenny Doan from Missouri Quilt Co.


The stippling quilt design is now a little bit better than my previous ones.  Another favorite youtube tutorial is Leah Day.  If you browse around Leah Day's blog, you will see a ton of quilting design tutorials.  I have watched a lot of other videos but always come back to these two whenever  I really want to try something.  As you can see in my first picture, I tried to draw hearts on the right side and attempted at a technique called paisley on the left side.  I successfully made a mess on both.

 
I used up the cut off triangles from the heart and added some of the pink fabric for the back of the quilt.  Giving us just a random look that is good enough for backing. 
Until the next one...



No comments:

Post a Comment