Monday, February 11, 2013

Quilt for Valentine's Day

This quilt is just about 4 x 6 inches in size.  I had originally planned to pieced together a wall art for Valentine's but an unexpected snow day made me changed my plan.  As you can see I decided to applique the red heart shaped fabric onto the pink fabric.  
This is how the quilt top looked like after the applique of the hearts.  I used zigzag stitch for both the applique and the borders.

When I told Vyn I am going to try to quilt some designs into the whole fabric.  He said: Don't mama you might fail again.  This is pretty already.

Me:  This is something you have to fail a lot of times to succeed.

This is the back of the quilt.  I am quite proud of the fact that there are no more loose threads at the back.  All that was needed is to pull the bobbin thread all the way to the top before you start quilting.  I tried to free motion quilt some hearts into the quilt on the top left side.  Obviously needed to work on that some more.  Did a few lines diagonally in the middle using the walking foot.  Also did another free motion for the lower right with a technique they call stippling.  Definitely needed more practice to even out the sizes and distances between lines and designs.

Let's just say, I am still having fun learning from all the youtube tutorials.  Will be back with another  project.

No comments:

Post a Comment