Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quilt Magic


While searching online for some beginner quilting project.  I found a lot of kits that included the fabrics and no sewing needed.    Of course I had to try it.  This project is called "Quilt Magic" and I bought this from amazon.com. 

Obviously, as you can see in the picture above, I made a mistake and had to patched the right upper hand corner with another fabric.  I cut the fabric on the wrong side and had to scrap that piece.  The project is easy for anybody and especially somebody like me, who don't have much experience with sewing.  All we need is scissors to cut the fabric and then tuck it in slits that are already cut in the foam also provided.  But a mistake in cutting can mean we have to substitute or go search for same fabric.

It was a fun and easy project and my 4 year old also helped tucking the fabrics in and cutting the pattern.  Maybe we could try it again with an easier picture.  We will see and will surely post any new projects we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment