Friday, July 27, 2012

Extreme Measures



Last week while camping, I can't get myself to finish a nook book I was reading.   Since I can still remember the books I have in my nook,  I went to the campground host and borrowed Extreme Measures.  Had read this a couple of years ago, but it was the only book available in this category.

Two terrorist cells have been intercepted but a third is on the loose.  Mitch Rapp and Mike Nash  both counterterrorism agents of the CIA interrogated two high profile terrorists detained in an Air Base in Afghanistan.  Rapp's methods got him in jail.  Political drama ensues which resulted to the terrorists' penetration into the American soil. 

This book shows how some people sacrificed to keep Americans safe from extremists willing to die for what they believed in.   We live in a world where almost everything is an open book.  Yet, this book proved that sometimes we can't stick to the laws and rules strictly.  Sometimes laws have to be bended to get to the bottom of a problem.  Sometimes an oversight is needed from the government so some people can do their jobs timely to prevent a catastrophe.

If you like political thrillers, this will keep you entertained.





No comments:

Post a Comment