Friday, May 6, 2011

Mama Through The Years

This has been forwarded in facebook a few months ago and I think that moms of all ages can relate to it:

At age 4: we think Mom knows everything! At 8: Mom knows a lot! At 12: Mom doesn't know everything! At 14: Mom doesn't know anything! At 16: Mom doesn't exist! At 18: She's old fashioned. At 25: Maybe Mom does know about this. At 35: Before we decide let's ask Mom. At 45: I wonder what Mom thinks about this. At 75: I w...ish I could ask Mom about this.

If you have kids in different age group, I can just imagine what an emotional roller coaster some of you moms are experiencing everyday.  Right now, I have a three and an almost 7, so I am still in the safe category. Although I can already see signs of "I know more than you" peeking out  at times.

As for my mom, am sure my siblings and I have put her through all the stages.  But she has always been and still is my unfaltering supporter and my all time reassurance provider.  My life would not have been the same  has she not eliminated my doubts that things would be better for me if I give life away from home a chance.

Thank you mama.  I love you.  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment