Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Tofu-Scallion Stir Fry
This Tofu Stir-Fry is very easy to make. This Tofu-Scallion Stir-Fry is so tasty. I got this from about.com
1/2 cup scallions, sliced into 2 inch pieces
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. finely grated ginger root
2 T sesame oil ( I use stir-fry oil)
4 Tbsp. chicken stock or vegetable stock
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1. Drain tofu cakes by wrapping in paper towels and placing under a cutting board. Weigh down cutting board by placing some canned goods on top. Let stand for 10 minutes. Unwrap the tofu cakes. Cut the tofu into cubes of about 1/4 inch (1 centimeter). Set aside.
2. Cut scallions and set aside.
3. Mince garlic and ginger, and set aside.
4. Put oil in wok or heavy frying pan. Heat oil until very hot.
5. Add garlic and ginger. Heat about 10 seconds. Add tofu cubes and scallions. Cook, stirring, for a few minutes, or until the tofu is golden brown.
6. Add the stock and soy. Stir until the liquid has been absorbed.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve tofu hot with rice.
Posted by KCK Soaps at 9:23 PM