Sunday, January 2, 2011

Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands

Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands


This is the first self-help book I've read and it is written by Dr. Laura Schlessinger.  We sometimes listen to her radio show during long drives and I finally decided to read one of her books for a change.

I highly recommend it to women, single, married, in a relationship or divorced.  If you think your marriage is great, this book will make it greater.  But if you are an extreme feminist it might be a little difficult to follow through her advises.

Dr. Laura is a family and relationship therapist.  She is very frank, straight forward and does not tolerate running around the bush and excuses.  In this book, she quotes her callers, patients and listeners' emails, etc.  She writes with humor which makes it an easy read for me. 

Men would love this book, she definitely is a "champion for men" when it comes to relationships.  She stress almost in every page that men are simple creatures with simple needs and it is the women who really have the power and control over a relationship.  How we treat the men in our lives equals how we will be treated in return.  Women are complex, we have our PMS days and other emotional needs.  Men only need satisfaction in bed and in their tummy.  Any naysayers?

Reviews mentioned how this book saves their marriages and opens most women's eyes about the things we take for granted, ignored or refuse to acknowledged.  It definitely makes me think twice before I feel sorry for myself or angry at my hubby.  We are made so much differently that we just have to understand each others differences. 

I urge you to read this book even if you consider yourself very lucky in your relationship with the man in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment