Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chocolate - Chocolate Chip Dream Cake

From allrecipes.com submitted by: Patty Moore

"This is a quick and delicious chocolate cake. Very very chocolatey."  I edited the recipe a little by adding 1/2 cup of sour cream and only 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (semi-sweet) since the cake mix I use already had chocolate chips in it.  I baked it just because I was curious about pudding and cake mix together.  The taste is great but the texture needs a little getting use to.  The kids loved it, the hubby don't mind the difference and I like it because there is not much cleaning up after the kids for this.  There is no fluffy, cakey stuff flying around or on the floor after dessert. 

Click on the Patty Moore link to see a pic, I don't decorate cakes pretty.  No creative, artist bone in me.  But if you are a friend in FB.  It is the cake I served in October for the hubby's birthday.  The kids decorated it to make it more special.

Ingredients

1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix

2 (3.5 ounce) packages non-instant chocolate pudding mix

2 eggs

2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 13x9 inch cake pan.    I like a double layered round cake so I used 2 - 8 inch round cake pan.

2.Make chocolate pudding according to package directions.   

3.Combine chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, and eggs and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer. Pour batter into prepared pan and cover top with the semisweet chocolate chips.

4.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment