From Quick and Easy Soups. Another way for the kids to have their veggies. They thought it is apple sauce...Use your favorite dessert apple rather than the cooking variety which will be too sour.
2 teaspoon super fine sugar
1/4 large lemon
salt and pepper
celery leaves, washed and shredded to garnish
1. Placed the prepared carrots, onion and celery in a large saucepan and add the stock. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel, core and dice 2 apples. Add the pieces of apple, tomato paste, bay leaf and sugar to the saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, half cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
3. Wash, core and cut the remaining apple into thin slices, leaving on the skin.
4. Place the apple slices in a small saucepan and squeeze over the lemon juice. Heat the apple slices gently and simmer for 1-2 minutes until tender.
5. Drain the apple slices and set aside until required.
6. Place the carrot and apple mixture in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
7. Gently re-heat the soup if necessary and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the soup topped with the reserved apple slices and shredded celery leaves.