Friday, October 25, the hubby was worried that the Great Turtle Race might be cancelled due to a very bad weather forecast. But since he trained and it's been scheduled, we drove over and hope for the best. We stayed at the Cabins of Mackinaw which has become our favorite place to stay. Although the drive was pleasant, it rained and got really windy at night.
The ferry ride on Saturday going to the island was not only dizzying, it was also wet and windy.
The Arch Rock. The kids and I walked to the arch rock once we had our lunch.
We had our dinner after the race at the O'Reilly's Irish Pub and this is going to be another favorite stop in Mackinaw City.
The race was typical. Nothing really stands out.
Update on Bandit:
Bandit may have a barky kennel mate dog that weekend since he came home and barked every few hours at night. He did this for a couple weeks. I was starting to worry if this goes on until winter, I will not be able to do it. But luckily he is back his usual self and slept through the night before it gets cold. Since the kids don't have school for the Christmas break, he has been sleeping in and have not bark for attention again.