Tuesday, October 15, 2013

First Halloween Soaps

 


 
Thursday, September 12, 2013.  This was my second shipment of soap making supply.  Halloween is just around the corner and so I ordered for a Jack-O-Lantern kit from another supplier a few days after ordering my first kit.  This was my first attempt at using designed soap molds.   
 

 
The Jack-O-Lantern soaps were a little stubborn  to unmold and so I put them in the freezer for a few minutes, some soap bloggers suggested this method of unmolding the soaps.  The freezing makes it easier for the soap to pop out of the mold but they turned out to feel wet instead.  I will check it out tomorrow to see if they will dry out.
 
As usual I used kitchen mold for the leftover soaps.  I used happy face silicone molds and the blue flower designed silicone mold and tried to make swirls and a double pour technique according to the soap tutorial I've been watching.
 
My son Vyn said the Jack-O-Lantern looked scarier in the above picture when the black soap was spilled all over the faces.  I like the cleaned up looked better though.
 
The happy faces were just a mixture of both the leftover orange and black to make them looked like spooky happy faces.  Was I successful in making them spooky?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment