Wednesday, April 17, 2013

French Macarons

 
I always thought macarons were too difficult and complicated for a kitchen novice like me.  But when a friend "G"  posted this youtube video on her facebook page I just have to try it.  Thank you friend for sharing the video.  This  lovelylady will show you how to do it in a breeze.  These were my first macarons and they were not as pretty and smooth as hers.  If anybody can tell me how to prevent the macarons from cracking, please let me know.  We all love it.  I used buttercream frosting leftover from my 5 year old's birthday cake and our bunny Easter cake as the filling.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup almond powder
1 cup powdered sugar
2 egg whites
4 tablespoons sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Lower temperature to 300 degrees then put macarons in the oven and bake for 8 minutes then flip them around and bake for another 8 minutes.  Please watch the video for step by step directions.  I might miss some important part, if I try to write them all down.

No comments:

Post a Comment