Sunday, February 24, 2013

Scrappy 4 Patch and Pinwheels


This quilt top is not finished.  The kids and I can't decide how we are going to arrange the final product.  Although the color palette was inspired by the fact that St. Patrick's Day is coming.  There  really was no thought or planning as to what designs to do.  Plus the fact that the 4 patch block is smaller than the pinwheel block is not helping.

The fabric is a set of 20 charm pack I bought from Meijer.  It was the only green charm pack I could find in that store at that time.  The white is the same muslin fabric I bought before and I cut it to a charm size which is 5 x 5 inch.


The pinwheels still needs a lot of practice for making the points meet more sharply.  While the 4 patch looked ok, I did something that made them smaller than they should.

Here is another arrangement we have played with:

 
I got the tutorial for both pinwheel and 4 patch from Jenny Doan of Missouri Quilt Company.  Here are the youtube links:
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by.  Final product will follow.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment