Monday, February 25, 2013

Saint Patrick's Quilt Top and Back


This is the top of the Saint Patrick wall hanging quilt.  The green fabric behind is just the backing.

The blocks I finished yesterday did not give a balanced look.  So I decided to make a few more of the scrappy 4 patch and pinwheels and attempted to make an applique of a clover leaf.  All the lines did not match up as straight as it should.  But I am hoping that the quilting will cover it up.  Hopefully, I will do a better job this time and not ruin the final product.  Something we still have to look forward to.  We will see.


This is the backing with the four leftover scrappy 4 patch blocks I ended up having.  I pieced them together in the middle of some green fabrics.  


 As you have known from my previous post, what I did yesterday was not planned but a random piecing of green fabrics inspired by the tutorial I saw.  Therefore, the number of blocks were not able to give anything visually acceptable.   Since a Saint Patrick quilt just shouts "clover leaf" , I decided to add a block with an applique of the lucky leaf.  To balance it off, I added 2 square charms  to the sides as well.

Quilting to follow.  Hopefully,  I will do a satisfactory job.  Enough to make this a better quilt hanging than my Valentine's wall hanging quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment