Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lumpia Shanghai


Another Filipino dish that you see at almost every Filipino gatherings and feasts.  I got this from panlasangpinoy.  With Christmas coming, food from home is something that is missed.   

I made a few changes I remembered from childhood cooks, friends and relatives.  I would like to send my thanks to a friend who shared her lumpia wrapper and made this post possible.

My kids and hubby went "hmmmmmmmmmm" right on the first bite. 

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs ground pork
  • 1/2 cup green onions
  • 1 cup carrots
  • 1 cup onion
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 raw egg
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp ground black pepper
  • Lumpia wrapper (Spring roll skin)
Cut, slice and dice everything small.
I added some shrimp and 1 small potato.  Some use beef or both pork and beef mixed.

Cooking Procedure

  1. Mix all the ingredients with the pork starting with the onion, carrots, green onions, salt, soy sauce, ground pepper, and raw egg
  2. Wrap the meat using the lumpia wrapper (for proper way, see video)
  3. Fry the wrapped meat making sure that all the sides are cooked right
  4. Serve with sweet and sour sauce. Share and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment