Wednesday, December 26, 2012

10 Christians Everyone Should Know



I was inspired to read this book while I was reading the 12 Extraordinary Women.  Biographies are not really my cup of tea.   But 12 Extraordinary Women made me want to know more about the history of our Faith.  Not just the people in the Bible but also the Christians before us.

The book begins with St. Patrick, Galileo, Anne Bradstreet, John Bunyan, Johann Sebastian Bach, Jane Austen, D.L. Moody, George Washington Carver, Sergeant York and William F. Buckley, Jr.
All ten are from different times.  They were of different professions.  But we have heard, read and listen about them and their works in some way.  They were all greatly respected and all have very strong Christian Faith.  Even Galileo with his scientific mind and straining relationship with the church of his time was a believer.  Each chapter is a little synopsis of the lives of each of the 10 Christians.  There is a lot to learn from each of them. 

I would like to quote Sergeant York:  "If this country fails it will fail from within. I think we've just got to go back to the old time religion".



No comments:

Post a Comment