More sweets for the holidays. This is from allrecipes. The reason I tried this recipe is because it says it is easy and decadent. No baking needed which frees the oven up for other stuff. After browsing through the recipe, and reading the comments of other allrecipe readers, I made it. The hubby liked the shredded coconut and the kids love the chocolate and sprinkles covered truffles. Check out the link above and read the comments to see what others use and the different changes they've made.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Refrigerate again for at least 15 minutes then roll over toppings or in melted chocolate and others you wish to use.