Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chicken Tinola


A Filipino friend brought this comfort food to a gathering and I just have to make it.  She told me how she did her version and my family loves it.  But to be able to share it in this blog I found a recipe from panlasangpinoy that is as close to what she taught me.

Ingredients
  • 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
  • 36 ounces rice washing
  • 1/2 pc small green papaya, cut into wedges 
  • 1 tbsp garlic, minced
  • 1 medium sized onion, chopped
  • 1 thumb ginger, cut into strips
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce
  • Hot pepper leaves
Instead of the green papaya, we use chayote.  I did not add any fish sauce.  But added a bunch of lemongrass and spinach instead.

 Cooking Procedure
  1. Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger
  2. Put-in the chicken and cook until color turns light brown
  3. Add the fish sauce and mix well
  4. Pour-in the rice washing and put to a boil. Simmer for 45 minutes.
  5. Add the green papaya wedges and simmer for 5 minutes
  6. Add the hot pepper leaves
  7. Add salt and pepper to taste
  8. Serve hot. Share and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment