Last week was kind of dreary and wet. Going out for grocery shopping was not in my to do list. While looking for recipes where I can use what I have on hand. I happened into this from allrecipes.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tuna, soup, milk, garlic salt, oregano and pepper until combined. Spread 3/4 cupful into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Layer with three noodles (trimming if necessary), 3/4 cup tuna mixture, half of the cottage cheese and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, tuna mixture and mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.