Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Easy, yummy chicken from Great American Recipes.
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 6 oz. each)
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1. . Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the vegetable oil.
2. Combine the paprika, salt, cinnamon, cumin, tarragon and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well. Coat the chicken evenly with the paprika mixture and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Combine the maple syrup and butter in a small bowl. Brush half of the mixture evenly over the chicken, return to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
4. Turn the chicken over and brush with the remaining maple syrup mixture. Bake until juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes longer. Serve hot.
* For a different taste, omit tarragon in Step 2 and replace the maple syrup with sweet chili sauce in Step 3.
Posted by KCK Soaps at 9:23 PM