Monday, May 2, 2011

One God

This is in response to somebody who commented on my blog about the book "Heaven is for Real". 

I too am glad about our freedom of speech and agree about being put to death or imprisoned because of differences in faith in other countries.  Religion is always a very tricky, dangerous topic to tread.  I browsed on Shirley McLaine but still don't know enough to agree or disagree with her.  I don't know anything about the different spokes for different folks to the center of the wheel (GOD) concept.  But I'd like to believe that people believed in "ONE GOD" and that if we all just live harmoniously and be good to each other we will all have good eternal life.

The Qur'an and the Holy Bible basically have the same story on creation.  But 4 years in Catholic high school and half my life living with some neighbors who believe in Islam did not make me an expert on any of these holy books.  Buddha is an "enlightened man" who taught people about karma and how to live well.

I just don't want to think that heaven is exclusively only for Christians.  Different churches are popping up everywhere all the time.  Why do people have the need to start their own churches.  Is it because they don't like the bureaucracy or did they find a way to heaven.  I think there is enough exclusivity on Earth to also have it in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment