Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Beef Mechado - Beef Stew


The whole family loves this dish.  Because of the blizzard I have the time to just simmer the meat as long as I want.  No school.  No rushing around for extra curricular activities.  A very easy Filipino dish that my hubby an american likes as well.

I found a website for Filipino cooking and would love to share it with you my readers.  It is panlasangpinoy.  If you are like me, a filipino who don't really cook when I was in the Philippines.  You will realize like I did that most of our dishes and desserts are not really difficult to do.   Check out the site, it has a broad range of different filipino comfort food dishes and a lot more.

Ingredients:

3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 piece large onion, sliced
2 lbs beefchuck,cubed
8 ounces tomato sauce
1 cup water
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 slice lemon with rind
1 piece large potato, cubed
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 pcs. bay leaves (laurel)
2 tsp. salt

Cooking procedure:


1. Heat cooking oil in a pan then saute the garlic and onion.

2. Put-in the beef and saute for about 3 minutes or until color turns light brown

3. Add the tomato sauce and water then simmer until the meat is tender. Add water as needed

4. Add the soy sauce, ground black pepper, lemon rind, laurel leaves, and salt then simmer until excess liquid evaporates

5. Put-in the potatoes and cook until the potatoes are soft (about 15 to 25 minutes)

6. Place in a serving plate then serve hot with rice. Share and Enjoy!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment