I tweaked this recipe just a little by sauteing green beans and onions in the same oil where I fried the tofu and added it on top of the tofu.
1 pound firm tofu
1. Cut block of tofu lengthwise into 4 slices. If using medium tofu, wrap in a cloth and press with a 5 lb weight for about 20 minutes.
2. Put 1T of soy sauce in a dish and roll tofu slices in it until they are coated.
3. Combine whole wheat flour and cornmeal. Roll tofu in this mixture until they are evenly coated on all sides.
4. Heat oil in a skillet. If you don't want the oil, use a teflon pan. Fry on medium heat until tofu is golden brown on both sides.
5. Combine remaining soy sauce, sake and mirin. Drizzle over tofu slices.
6. Remove skillet from heat. To serve, sprinkle each slice with grated ginger, minced onion and spoon sauce from skillet over them.