From Cooking for 2
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar divided
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1- 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
3. Pour into two 5 3/4 x 3 x 2 inch pans coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
5. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack.