About KCK Blogger
Soap Making Books
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Parmesan Herb Loaf
From Cooking for 2
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
4 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
1 egg white, beaten
1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, sugar, onion, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine sour cream, milk and butter.
3. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened
4. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1 minute.
5. Shape into a round loaf; place on a baking sheet coated with non stick cooking spray.
6. With scissors, cut a 1/4 inch deep cross on top of loaf.
7. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)