This recipe is from the "Oster" Breadmaker.
1 3/8 cups water
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1. Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan
2. Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan.
3. Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with the liquid when you are adding ingredients. Measure yeast and carefully pour it into the well.
4. Snap the baking pan into the breadmaker and close the lid.
5. Press "select" button to choose the French setting.
6. Press the "Crust Colot" button to choose light, medium or dark crust.
7. Press the "Start/Stop" button.
I have been reading and learning from responses to complaints about breadmakers in some reviews.
It is not in the instructions but somebody mentioned that spraying the bread pan with oil before adding the ingredients will make the bread easier to remove from the pan once baked.
The hubby sifted the bread flour just for fun one time and we discovered that sifted flour makes a better textured bread. So now I always sift the flour before placing them on the pan.