Saturday, July 17, 2010

Camping July 2010

I apologize to my regular readers for not blogging anything the past few days.  We just got back from a 9 day camping trip and it was exhilarating.  The first four nights were spent at Tahquamenon Falls. I've seen a few water falls in my lifetime and each has its own beauty and wonder.  But this is the first falls I have been where the water is very amber in color due to tannic acid.  We also visited the pictured rocks.  Pictures don't do justice to these beautiful wonders.  On our way back, we stopped for another 4 nights at Otsego Lake.  Being close to nature is very calming and relaxing, we don't bring much modern gadgets except for the camera, games for the drive so the kids don't get bored.  But it stays in the car once we get to our destinations.  I have a book by David Baldacci for my ME time at camp.  The hubby reads a book by Laura Ingraham . Aside from the regular grocery stuff and clothes, my hubby brought his running gears which includes a heart rate monitor watch and coffee and I brought my flavored white tea and red tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment